Pause slide movement
Resume slide movement
use left or right arrow keys to navigate the tab,
Click to read more about this recipe
FOR THE CAKE :
1 tbsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup almond milk
2/3 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup aquafaba
1/3 cup vegan confetti sprinkles (plus one more for topping)
1 tsp salt
FOR THE FROSTING :
2 packs Violife creamy original
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 - 4 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease two 20cm baking pans and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla, and stir.
- In another large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat aquafaba until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold the aquafaba into the batter and combine.
- Add the sprinkles and gently fold with a spatula.
- Divide the batter evenly among the two pans.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool completely, before frosting.
- To make the frosting beat the Violife Creamy Original in a bowl with the sugar, vanilla extract and almond milk until fluffy.
- Decorate the cake with the frosting and sprinkle with confetti sprinkles.