Pause slide movement
Resume slide movement
use left or right arrow keys to navigate the tab,
Click to read more about this recipe
8 cups all-purpose flour, divided
4 1/2 tsp active dry yeast, divided
1 1/4 cups warm coconut milk carton
2 cups warm water
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
2 WAYS TO ENJOY THE SOURDOUGH BREAD WITH VIOLIFE:
Just Like Smoked Provolone Slices with Cherry Tomatoes and Oregano
Just Like Cream Cheese Original with Blueberries
- In a glass bowl combine 2 cups of flour and 2¼ tsp of yeast. Slowly add the water until a paste forms.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and place on a baking tray. Set aside in a warm and dry place for 3-4 days, stirring once every day. When the starter is ready it will have air pockets.
- In a separate bowl stir together the remaining 2¼ tsp of yeast, coconut milk, and sugar. Allow to rest for 10 minutes and mix in 1 cup of the sourdough starter.
- You can store the rest of the sourdough starter for future use in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Allow the mixture to rest for one more hour. Stir in olive oil, salt, and 3 cups of flour. Slowly add the remaining flour until the dough is smooth.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead with your hands until elastic.
- Shape into a ball and place in a large oiled bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel and set in a warm place to rise until doubled, for about 1 hour.
- Divide in half, and shape into two oval shaped loaves. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp of flour.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets. Place the loaves on the baking sheets and score on top.
- Let the loaves to rise again until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 370°F and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool and serve with desired Violife product and toppings.