Pause slide movement
Resume slide movement
use left or right arrow keys to navigate the tab,
Click to read more about this recipe
200 g Violife original flavour grated
100 g Violife creamy original
25 - 30 medium size white mushrooms stems removed
zest of 1 lemon
250 g plant based milk
180 g flour
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
150 g panko
salt and black pepper to taste
vegetable oil for frying
parsley finely chopped
- Gently remove the stem from the mushroom.
- In a bowl add Violife Original Grated and Creamy, zest the lemon, add freshly ground pepper and mix well. Stuff the mushrooms with the filling using a fork.
- To make the batter, in a bowl add the plant-based milk then whisk in the flour and season with smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Coat the mushrooms by dipping them in the batter and then rolling them in the panko.
- In a deep pan heat vegetable oil. When hot, add the mushroom poppers in batches.
- Fry until golden brown for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove using a slotted spoon, place on a lined tray to soak up the excess oil.
- Serve, garnish with finely chopped parsley and enjoy!