Pause slide movement
Resume slide movement
use left or right arrow keys to navigate the tab,
Click to read more about this recipe
180 g Violife vioblock melted
8 filo pastry sheets
1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
FOR THE FILLING:
200 g Violife greek white crumbled
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion finely chopped
5 spring onions finely chopped
2 leeks sliced
800 g spinach
bunch fresh dill chopped plus extra to serve
small bunch fresh parsley chopped
1 tsp dried mint
salt and freshly ground pepper
finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil and gently sauté the onions and the leek until golden and fragrant. Add the spinach until wilted and then remove from heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan, mix well and set aside.
- Place one rectangular sheet of fyllo pastry on a lightly floured surface, brush with VIOBLOCK, then top with another sheet of fyllo, brushing again.
- Repeat with another two sheets side by side forming a long rectangle.
- Add half of the spinach mixture in a line alongside the long edge and roll up into a cylinder. Brush with VIOBLOCK.
- Repeat with the remaining fyllo pastry and filling.
- Coil the cylinder into a spiral, add the other half and secure between each other, to create one big coil.
- Place in a round greased baking tin. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden and slice to enjoy!