Pause slide movement
Resume slide movement
use left or right arrow keys to navigate the tab,
Click to read more about this recipe
150 g Violife crumbly blue block
3 tbsp Violife vioblock
2 small pumpkins / squash
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion finely chopped
100 g risotto rice
8 - 10 fresh sage leaves
50 ml dry white wine
250 ml vegetable stock
50 g baby spinach leaves
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Slice the top off the pumpkins carefully and scoop out the insides, discarding. Place the pumpkin on a lined baking tray, drizzle with some olive oil and season.
- In a pan, gently fry the onion in VIOBLOCK for 5 minutes until translucent, then add the risotto rice and stir to coat. Sprinkle with sage leaves.
- Pour in the wine, stirring until absorbed.
- Pour in the stock and stir in the baby spinach until wilted.
- Divide the risotto mixture evenly between the pumpkins. Top with the lids and place in the oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes until the risotto is cooked.
- Remove the squash from the oven, take off the lids and crumble some Violife Crumbly Blue on top. Pop the lids back on and place back in the oven for another 5 minutes, until nicely melted.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with sage leaves and freshly ground pepper and serve.
- Enjoy while still warm!