Pause slide movement
Resume slide movement
use left or right arrow keys to navigate the tab,
Click to read more about this recipe
2 packs Violife Epic Cheddar Flavour, grated
3 batches flax egg (1 ½ Tbsp flaxseed + 4 Tbsp water)
390 ml unsweetened plain almond milk
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp baking soda
148 g coconut butter
200 g organic cane sugar
60 g unsweetened applesauce
200 g fine yellow cornmeal
220 g all-purpose flour
1 tsp sea salt
Jalapenos, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170°C and grease an 25x12 baking dish.
- Prepare flax egg in a small bowl and let set for a few minutes. In a bowl mix the almond milk with lemon juice and let curdle. Add baking soda and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add coconut butter and sugar and whisk. Then add applesauce, flax egg, and whisk once more. Next add almond milk mixture and whisk vigorously again to combine.
- Next add salt, cornmeal, flour, 2/3 of the grated Violife Epic Cheddar Flavour block and stir with a spoon until incorporated.
- Add batter to lined baking dish, sprinkling with the remaining Violife and bake for 35 minutes.