Pause slide movement
Resume slide movement
use left or right arrow keys to navigate the tab,
Click to read more about this recipe
200 g Violife Creamy Original flavour
120 g raw cashews
14 g arrowroot or cornstarch
120 ml lemon juice (2 large lemons)
4 g lemon zest (1 large lemon)
1 pinch sea salt
60 ml maple syrup (plus more to taste)
90 g oats
112 g almonds
1/4 tsp sea salt
24 g coconut sugar
15 ml maple syrup
60 g coconut oil (melted)
- Add raw cashews to a mixing bowl and cover with boiling hot water. Let rest for 1 hour (uncovered). Then drain.
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Add oats, almonds, sea salt, and coconut sugar to a blender and mix.
- Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and add maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Stir with a spoon to combine until a loose dough is formed.
- Transfer mixture to parchment-lined baking sheet and spread.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then increase heat to 190°C and bake for 5-8 minutes more, or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from oven to cool slightly, then reduce oven heat to 170°C.
- Once cashews are drained, blend with Violife creamy original, arrowroot starch, lemon juice, lemon zest, sea salt, and maple syrup. Mix on high until very smooth.
- Pour filling over the pre-baked crust and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes.
- Cool in fridge for at least 4 hours. Serve with some lemon zest and cut into slices.