Pause slide movement
Resume slide movement
use left or right arrow keys to navigate the tab,
Click to read more about this recipe
1/4 cup Violife vioblock melted
1 cup oat milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
juice and zest of 2 lemons
3 tbsp poppy seeds
FOR THE CREAMY FROSTING:
150 g Violife creamy original
1/2 cup icing sugar
vegan food colouring
vegan unicorn decorations
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a small bowl combine oat milk and vinegar and set aside to curdle.
- In another bowl add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder, vanilla, lemon juice and zest, poppy seeds and melted VIOBLOCK. Mix well until combined.
- Slowly pour in the milk mixture and stir to combine.
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners and spoon the mixture into them.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden. Set aside on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting by whisking together Violife Creamy and icing sugar.
- Split into three bowls and add vegan food coloring to make one yellow, one pink and one blue coloured frosting.
- Place each frosting colour into a separate piping bag, chopping off the end of each one. Then place all three into one bigger piping bag with a piping tip at the end of it. Secure the top.
- Decorate the cupcakes with a swirl of colourful frosting and carefully place unicorn ears and horns. Enjoy!